Welcome to Monkey Universe!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLog inLatest imagesSearchRegister

Looking To The Future

Go down 
+6
Realm
Firedragon
LuckyStar
DRUiD
Boreland
Nexus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Nexus
Admin
Nexus

Male
Number of posts : 3999
Posting Points (or spam points) : 782
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Looking To The Future Empty
PostSubject: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2010, 8:43 pm

Well to start with you will notice that not only has my forum name changed to Nexus it also has a new tag.

MUGC - Monkey Universe Gaming Community

Why? Well the one thing about Monkey Universe that made this place special and what kept all of us Admins doing what we do wasn't only our love of the game but the fact we had an awesome community to enjoy it with. We always said amongst ourselves if it wasn't for our community we would have given up years ago.

What we want to do is to transform MU into MUGC. What about MU Freelancer i hear you call. Dont worry there MU FL will live on under a new management which as i understand it will be solely run by Tiger. We heard from yuo that you wanted changes and wanted to see these changes. Well we listened and are in the process of putting eveything into action.

The main idea is to keep the MU FL running so as to not forget our roots and also some of the new forum members may want to check out where it all began or passed members may want to pop in and say hello to old friends. However at the same time we also want to bring back the players that perhaps no longer play FL but play other games and at the same time we want to encourage them to start up MU clans or alliances on these other games. Therefore spreading and increasing the size of the MU community.

It's quite an exciting prospect and one i intend to be devoting a lot of time to. We will be providing support to a number of games but those games we thought we'd leave to our community to decide upon.

What we want ideally is MP games where we can support and encourage the Monkey God idea into with Monkey Universe clans. I have a few ideas of my own for that but we'd like to hear what you think to this.

So dont be shy step forward post your thoughts and give us a list of games that you'd like to see supported by the MUGC. At the same time as that if you think you might want to be a moderator for a game channel then please post that as well.

Thanks For Your Time

Monkey Universe FTW!!!!!!

German Translation by Plofre (Dt. Übersetzung duch Plofre)

Wie Ihr vielleicht festgestellt habt, hat sich nicht nur mein Forum-Name zu Nexus geändert, sondern er hat auch einen neuen Tag

MUGC - Monkey Universe Gaming Community ( MU Spielegemeinschaft)

Warum? Nunja, eine Sache von Monkey Universe, die diesen Platz so speziell machte und uns Admins bei der Stange hielt, war nicht nur unsere Liebe zum Spiel, sondern der Umstand, dass wir eine herrausragende Gemeinschaft hatten mit der wir diese Freude teilen konnten. Ständig sagten wir unter uns, wenn wir nicht diese Gemeinschaft hätten, hätten wir schon vor Jahren aufgegeben.

Was wir nun vorhaben, ist "Monkey Universe" zu "Monkey Universe Gaming Community" umzuwandeln. Was ist mit MU-Freelancer höre ich Euch sagen. Keine Sorge, MU-Freelancer wird unter neuer Leitung weiterleben, die, wie ich es verstanden habe, ausschließlich von Tiger geführt wird. Wir haben von Euch gehört, dass Ihr Änderungen haben wollt und dass Ihr diese Änderungen auch sehen möchtet. Nunja, wir haben zugehört und sind nun dabei dieses umzusetzten.

Die Hauptidee ist es MU-Freelancer weiterlaufen zu lassen, um sowohl unsere Wurzeln nicht zu vergessen, als auch neuen Forummitgliedern es zu ermöglichen, herauszufinden, wie alles begann oder um abgewandererten Spielern zu ermöglichen, alten Freunden kurz "Hallo" zu sagen. Gleichzeitig möchten wir aber auch Spieler zurückholen, die vielleicht nicht mehr Freelancer spielen sondern andere Spiele, und sie ermutigen "MU-Clans" oder Alliancen zu gründen innerhalb dieser anderen Spiele, um dadurch die MU-Gemeinschaft wachsen zu lassen.

Dies ist eine spannende Aussicht, eine in die ich garantiert viel Zeit investiere. Wir werden zu einer Anzahl von Spielen Unterstützung liefern, welche Spiele dies aber sind unterliegt der Entscheidung unserer Gemeinschaft.

Was wir uns ideal wäre, sind Multiplayer-Spiele, in denen wir die Idee vom Monkey-Gott durch MU-Clans unterstützen oder verbreiten könnten. Ich habe selber einige Ideen in dieser Richtung, wir möchten aber von Euch hören, was Ihr darüber denkt.

Seid also nicht bescheiden, tretet vor, posted Eure Gedanken und gebt uns eine Liste von Spielen, die aus Eurer Sicht durch MUGC unterstützt werden sollten. Gleichzeitig, wenn Ihr der Meinung seid, Moderator für einen Spiele-Channel sein zu müssen, teilt uns dies mit.

Danke für Eure Zeit

PS. Ihr könnt hier Eure Posts auch in Deutsch veröffentlichen, ich werde sie dann übersetzen und natürlich auch umgekehrt (You can also post here in german, i will translate it then, of course also the other way around )
Back to top Go down
Boreland
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
Boreland

Male
Number of posts : 659
Posting Points (or spam points) : 792
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 6:45 am

i my self is glad to have these ideas implemented, im also loving your new tag, so the roles now

tiger - server admin
Nexus - MU gaming community manager

Quote :
bring back the players that perhaps no longer play FL but play other
games and at the same time we want to encourage them to start up MU
clans or alliances on these other games. Therefore spreading and
increasing the size of the MU community.
by this do you mean, lets take cod6 for example .. making my clan name [MU]boreland125 .. and when people ask what does that mean, i can return and say, ah its a game i play, google monkey universe, so they can be sent here, if so .. i need to get a move on with the MUvid .. so they can see what its all about Smile
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Admin
Nexus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 6:47 am

Exactly that Boreland. But you should return and say "oh its a game i play and they also host a gaming community with chat about all sorts of games including COD" Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 8:05 am

translated first post
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Admin
Nexus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 8:48 am

Thanks Plofre
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Admin
Nexus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 2:14 pm

So the first stage of the MUGC transformation starts with the forum look and as you can see i have been busy sorting this out. Took me a couple of hours but i think i have a nice result from it.
Back to top Go down
DRUiD
Monkey God
Monkey God
DRUiD

Male
Number of posts : 4248
Posting Points (or spam points) : 1584
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 3:35 pm

I never did like the puce script.
Back to top Go down
http://monkeyuniverse.kicks-ass.org/
LuckyStar
Monkey God Disciple
Monkey God Disciple

Male
Number of posts : 960
Posting Points (or spam points) : 360
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 4:32 pm

Personally
I like it happy star happy star happy star happy star happy star
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Admin
Nexus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 4:53 pm

So instead of a discussion on the forum looks hows about some suggestions as mentioned in my first post. Because this is all going to happen.

Tiger and i have been discussing it at length as well.
Back to top Go down
LuckyStar
Monkey God Disciple
Monkey God Disciple

Male
Number of posts : 960
Posting Points (or spam points) : 360
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 9:50 pm

I think you ought to hit up Pat & Fudd
They are gamers in the true sense of the word
I'm not - sorry
Freelancer is the only game that I've actually liked since Hack and that was a DOS game without any graphics
Back to top Go down
Firedragon
Monkey
Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 99
Posting Points (or spam points) : 122
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 5:06 am

Probably an obvious choice would be World of Warcraft. I don't play it myself, but it has a huge following.
Back to top Go down
Realm
Monkey
Monkey
Realm

Male
Number of posts : 102
Posting Points (or spam points) : 22
Registration date : 2007-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 7:48 am

Well there are the obvious ones like COD and Battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Boreland
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
Boreland

Male

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 7:50 am

On cod, your "clan name" could be (mu) .. Same as when i get my new xbox i will be (MU)Boreland125 .. when people ask i will send them here
Back to top Go down
Tiger
Admin
Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1277
Posting Points (or spam points) : 113
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 8:16 pm

First of all, DAMN Verizon shutting me down for two days!

Second but not least important:

I always enjoyed Monkey Universe as being a superb community with many people I call friends by now. The main reason why I chose to take over the mod and the associated financial stuff, as you all know the server costs money and I pay it all from my personal fun account, was because of the people I like to meet in space and on forums. MU has been home to some of the most interesting and upright people I ever met so keeping it alive already paid back a lot for me. With the development of the games and Freelancer getting more and more outdated I decided to move on and keep the spirit I assiciate with Monkey universe alive. All of the admins so far are in the boat to open this idea to the broad gamer community.

The spirit of MU should be carried further than Freelancer alone, that's my opinion, there are for sure many people out there waiting for us to be available even if they don't know about our community yet. The common spirit, the Monkey God watching us, is a nice idea adaptible enough to be implemented anywhere else beside Freelancer so our goal is to make it public, encourage people forming MU clans anywhere they like to play and come together here to exchange their stories and meet others thinking along the same lines.

Implementing this doesn't mean the MU Freelancer server will die, it will be kept alive for all to peek in and meet the old warhorses in space, maybe also some new gamers will have a look to see how all began. Any MUGC member is welcome to play on the MU Freelancer server, it will be kept free and available as long as I can manage, and an end of it is not in sight yet Wink

Dt. Übersetzung von Plofre ( german translation by Plofre)

Zu aller erst, VERDAMMTES Verizon sperrte mich für 2 Tage

Zweitens, aber nicht weniger wichtig:

Ich erfreute mich immer an Monkey Universe als eine überragende Gemeinschaft mit vielen Menschen, die ich mittlerweile als Freunde betrachte. Der Hauptgrund warum ich mich entschlossen habe den Mod und den damit verbundenen finanziellen Kram - wie Ihr alle wisst, kostet der Server Geld und ich bezahle dies alles aus meinen privaten Spass-Budget - zu übernehmen, liegt in den Menschen, die ich im All und in Foren sehen möchte. MU war die Heimat einiger der interessantesten und aufrichtigsten Leute, die ich je getroffen habe, MU also am Leben zu erhalten, machte sich für mich bereits bezahlt. Mit der Entwicklung der Spiele und weil Freelancer mehr und mehr veraltete, entschloss ich mich weiterzumachen und den Spirit, den ich mit MU verbinde, am Leben zu erhalten. Bis jetzt sind alle Admins im Boot, um diese Idee unter der weiten Spielergemeinschaft zu verbreiten.

Meiner Meinung nach sollte der Spirit von MU über Freelancer hinaus getragen werden, es sind mit Sicherheit viele Leute da draussen, die darauf warten, dass wir verfügbar sind, auch wenn sie bisher nichts von unserer Gemeinschaft wissen. Die gemeinsame Idee " Der Monkey-Gott wacht über uns" ist eine nette Idee, die es wert ist auch woanders einbezogen zu werden, nicht nur in Freelancer. Unser Ziel ist es daher, diese Idee bekannt zu machen, Leute dazu anzuregen MU-Clans überall dort zu gründen, wo sie gerne spielen, und hier zusammenzukommen, um ihre Geschichten auszutauschen und andere zu treffen, die in gleichen Bahnen denken.

Dieses mit einzubeziehen heißt nicht, dass der MU-Freelancer Server stirbt, er wird für alle am Leben gelassen, um mal einen Blick darauf zu werfen und um die alten "Schlachtrösser" im Weltall zu treffen. Vielleicht werden auch neue Spieler mal hereinschauen, um zu sehen, wie alles begann. Jedes MUGC-Mitglied ist herzlich willkommen auf dem MU-Freelancer Server zu spielen, er wird kostenlos und erreichbar bleiben solange ich das machen kann und ein Ende ist bisher nicht in Sicht.
Back to top Go down
http://monkeyuniverse.kicks-ass.org

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 2:53 am

translated Tiger's post
Back to top Go down
Esquilax
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
Esquilax

Male
Number of posts : 309
Posting Points (or spam points) : -466
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 6:15 pm

I'm usually up for some Team Fortress 2... When my piece of junk 4870 X2 doesn't crash and/or lock up my PC. I'm not really sure if such a game qualifies though.
Back to top Go down
Boreland
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
Boreland

Male

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 2:29 am

tis a game mate Smile .. team based mutliplayer game Wink
Back to top Go down
Esquilax
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
Esquilax

Male
Number of posts : 309
Posting Points (or spam points) : -466
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 10:05 pm

True, but it's not exactly an RPG-ish sort of game. Unless of course, someone wants to start typing "Me and my Sandvich!", etc in the middle of a game when playing the Heavy Wink.
Back to top Go down
Kudaki
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
Kudaki

Male
Number of posts : 621
Posting Points (or spam points) : 63
Registration date : 2007-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 3:28 am

As I feel Sabre is part of this gaming community i can announce that Sabre do have an active established Guild on Guild Wars called Sabre with a Luxon alliance.

So anybody that wish to join in feel free to do so. Not to sure how to incorporate bananas in GW since I havent seen any.

Have fun

Kudaki
Back to top Go down
DRUiD
Monkey God
Monkey God
DRUiD

Male
Number of posts : 4248
Posting Points (or spam points) : 1584
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 6:42 am

Quote :
Not to sure how to incorporate bananas in GW since I havent seen any.
So Sanka does not play GW?
Back to top Go down
http://monkeyuniverse.kicks-ass.org/
Kudaki
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
Kudaki

Male
Number of posts : 621
Posting Points (or spam points) : 63
Registration date : 2007-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 7:07 am

No, actually Sanka exist only on Freelancer. His evil twin is probably running around in some dungeon killing big monsters and little bears.
Back to top Go down
Sanka02
Monkey
Monkey
Sanka02

Male
Number of posts : 134
Posting Points (or spam points) : 23
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 7:22 am

I dont play GW? Razz
[IMG=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img140/5850/gw064n.jpg][/IMG]

Doing great out there, 18 titles maxed, but "God walking amongst mere mortals" will be my new title in a few months anyway xD

Oh, and for bananas we can use amber chunks... at least they are yellow and got quite high price Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking To The Future   Looking To The Future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking To The Future
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Monkey Universe! :: General Posting Area :: General OOC (Out Of Character) Posting :: Latest News-
Jump to: