Welcome to Monkey Universe!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLog inLatest imagesSearchRegister

CSI

Go down 
+3
[PTA]PhoenixFire
>MP< Pilot
DRUiD
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DRUiD
Monkey God
Monkey God
DRUiD

Male
Number of posts : 4248
Posting Points (or spam points) : 1584
Registration date : 2007-02-21

CSI Empty
PostSubject: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2007, 3:01 am

Mission played over 1 week.
40 Million Pay Out to ALL wo finish.
Episode is posted in CSI Event Forum.
You solve clues which send you to parts of the map.
When you have all of the answers you send a PM to >MP<Druid.

For players who enjoy events but real life or time zones make it difficult to be on at dedicated times, here is your chance to get involved.

LINKS:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After announcing an end to CSI last week there were large number of players who said that they would have liked to play it, enjoyed the story but were not on at the time of the event. Despite the fact that I changed the format so that players had 1 week to do the mission I still only got one player to take part so this point seems to have been missed by just about everybody.

I am leaving episode 5 open until Tuesday, that is the first of May. By that time players will have had two weeks in total to complete it. If by that time I have 5 players or more doing the mission I will do another.

The fact that you did not take part before is not an issue as all of the answers are in the rumours, gossip and speculation thread. If you still have a problem after reading Episode 5 or the rumours thread post your question and I will answer.

The payout is to be increased to 40 million for completion. Munchkin who is the only player to solve it so far has been paid 20 mill and will get the extra 20 as back payment based on this change plus 10 for doing it without this kick in the rear and for pointing out errors in the clues which I have corrected.

Read mission 5, read the rumours and speculations thread, send me a PM, or post on the CSI event forum if you have any query what so ever on any level of the game.

If by next tuesday the time, creds and posts I have have put into this have failed to encourage players then I will presume it is the will of the players to discontinue the event.

Dru.
Back to top Go down
http://monkeyuniverse.kicks-ass.org/
>MP< Pilot
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
>MP< Pilot

Male
Number of posts : 375
Posting Points (or spam points) : -273
Registration date : 2007-08-07

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeWed 05 Mar 2008, 7:43 am

This is a massive rez but this event sounds awesome! Could we look at getting it reinstated?
Back to top Go down
DRUiD
Monkey God
Monkey God
DRUiD

Male

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeWed 05 Mar 2008, 8:54 am

*hands Pilot a shovel*

Mate, you have no idea how much time and effort I put into that bloody event. Nearly got me divorced it did. I enjoyed it but it took quite a bit of organisation and really did not get any interest worth speaking of.
Back to top Go down
>MP< Pilot
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
>MP< Pilot

Male
Number of posts : 375
Posting Points (or spam points) : -273
Registration date : 2007-08-07

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeWed 05 Mar 2008, 10:10 am

Well maybe we should plug it and see what the community think of it Very Happy

Whaddya reckon guys??? Are you hungry for more information??

*Hones the edge of the shovel and rolls up sleeves*
Back to top Go down
[PTA]PhoenixFire
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
[PTA]PhoenixFire

Male
Number of posts : 254
Country : UK - England - north east - durham - crook - bladeside
Posting Points (or spam points) : -198
Registration date : 2007-08-22

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeWed 05 Mar 2008, 10:22 am

hey i didnt even know it existed but if it ever comes back i will sure try it
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/user/Agenthawke
Patriot
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 352
Posting Points (or spam points) : 72
Registration date : 2007-02-23

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeWed 05 Mar 2008, 12:17 pm

I noticed from the original post, that this event was last held in April last year (almost a year ago)

with the introduction of a whole load of new people on the server and the increase in RP, I for one would like more details of this event

Having been a big fan of CSI and all things related to crime and forensics for a long time, this looks like it could be great fun

maybe the workload could be shared by a couple of willing helpers so that one person doesnt have to bear the brunt of it (divorcees being the prime target, that would include me lol)

think on it

Pat (the Bretonian)
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Admin
Nexus

Male
Number of posts : 3999
Posting Points (or spam points) : 782
Registration date : 2007-02-16

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeWed 05 Mar 2008, 12:19 pm

Well im going to be totaly blunt.

Nobody bothers to turn up to the current events so what is the point of putting a lot of time and effort into this one?
Back to top Go down

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeWed 05 Mar 2008, 12:23 pm

I have to agree with Dragnite.

only 4 out of 10 players turned up to the base destruct.

The other 6 let down the players that actually turned up, hoping for an event.

So there is no point hosting this one, when hardly anyone turns up to the current ones.
Back to top Go down
[PTA]PhoenixFire
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
[PTA]PhoenixFire

Male
Number of posts : 254
Country : UK - England - north east - durham - crook - bladeside
Posting Points (or spam points) : -198
Registration date : 2007-08-22

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeWed 05 Mar 2008, 5:00 pm

Well if you made a BIG announcement about this and really spread it im sure most people will turn up

and as Patriot said it wasnt hosted for almost a year so with new people They might want to try something new
Back to top Go down
http://uk.youtube.com/user/Agenthawke
>MPA<Blaze
Admin
>MPA<Blaze

Male
Number of posts : 174
Posting Points (or spam points) : -59
Registration date : 2007-02-17

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeWed 05 Mar 2008, 10:06 pm

base events have been hosted for about a year, and the turn outs haven't been all that great.

FFA's have been the major "event/s" on this server. the trade convoy was attempted several times, and had a good showing at first, but pfft goes out the window, same with a few other events.

so in turn i agree with drags and the cute little fluffy huggable teddy.... i mean bear... yeah bear...not any of that other stuff...not at all........what soever... ok maybe a little... maybe
Back to top Go down
DRUiD
Monkey God
Monkey God
DRUiD

Male

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeThu 06 Mar 2008, 3:51 am

With admin posting here saying "no" to the idea we may come across as very negative. Admin here are proactive, eager to make this a great place to play and always open to new ideas so I don't want anyone reading this and feeling that we just don't want to put in the effort or don't want to run events.

Let me just put things into context here. The CSI event on average too me personally over 3 hours a week to organise (which is about all the game time I get each week). I toured the map getting info, wrote episodes and posted clues. We advertised it by posting in General Forum, IC forum, Clan Forum and we even posted it on The Lancer's Reactor news page. We actually ended up with a server banner which flashed up taking the entire screen at one stage and of course, we increased the pay out. Only one player took part.

I think my time would be best spent on the server as a player creating some good RP for others at the same time as enjoying myslef rather than spending time organising an event that everyone says is cool but nobody actually plays.
Back to top Go down
Shabab
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Number of posts : 24
Posting Points (or spam points) : -20
Registration date : 2007-04-04

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeThu 06 Mar 2008, 4:44 am

I took part in this event when it was a "do it in your own time" thing. Admittedly that was only for the last episode, but that is when I joined the server.
Time of events often precludes many players from taking part, as you well know. We all know that there is no right or wrong time to hold events as some can and some cant participate at any given time. Mad
The do it any time appeals to me, and, perhaps a few others. If this event is reinstated using this format, I for one will be there going all over sirius to find the answers. It is, afterall, what lawfuls do Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Admin
Nexus

Male
Number of posts : 3999
Posting Points (or spam points) : 782
Registration date : 2007-02-16

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeThu 06 Mar 2008, 5:40 am

To explain my blunt response a little better, i know how many hours Druid put into planning these events and after what 5 weeks little or nobody bothered to turn up and take part.

The fact is and still remains people would rather trade or shoot npcs than bother to take part in an event and have a break from the norm and a bit of fun as well.

Take the FFA for example people dont bother to enter because they have this very thought.

"oh i wont bother ill just die"

and..... so what the whole point is its something different to do and provides a bit of fun and you gain a few creds as well. Taking part in FFA's also improves your fighting skills. It certainly did wonders for mine. You cant get better at fighting people by shooting at npcs. Because quite simply every player on the server fights and flies in a totally different way.

I think there are some players on the server that need to realise theres more to the game than winning.
Back to top Go down

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitimeSat 08 Mar 2008, 3:39 pm

MPA BLAZE wrote:
so in turn i agree with drags and the cute little fluffy huggable teddy.... i mean bear... yeah bear...not any of that other stuff...not at all........what soever... ok maybe a little... maybe

wooo thats me!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CSI Empty
PostSubject: Re: CSI   CSI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CSI
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Monkey Universe! :: Guest Area :: Guest Book-
Jump to: