Welcome to Monkey Universe!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLog inLatest imagesSearchRegister

miner_iorek arrived

Go down 
+6
MPA Bear
Biertje
Shaihulud
Tunicle
Gwether
miner iorek
10 posters
AuthorMessage
miner iorek
Monkey
Monkey
miner iorek

Male
Number of posts : 179
Posting Points (or spam points) : 47
Registration date : 2008-11-06

miner_iorek arrived Empty
PostSubject: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 4:29 pm

Salute to MU. Just arrived to see whats going on here...

Im Corsair, tired of killing and old enough to try something else.

I will mine for a living. Anything that can be looted from space. In one day of scouting thru MU space Ive learned that this will be hard job. Mining zones are almost exhoused and raw materials like silver, gold, artifacts, ... are found just in bits. Suggestions for good profit are welcome cheers

Any cargo i will buy will be for my personal use (food, water, oxygen, pharmaceuticals,.... ) or for ship maintance (hull panels, engine components,...), max 1 ton of item. Maybe a NPCs ship will be destroyed here and there, if it would have interesting cargo onboard hide

I hope I will get agreement with the groups that own specific area that I would like to mine at. If necessary. Have to sort them on the chart first.

cya in space

Miner_Iorek
Back to top Go down
Gwether
Monkey
Monkey
Gwether

Male
Number of posts : 140
Posting Points (or spam points) : -116
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 5:03 pm

Welcome to mu the only mod for freelancer! We need a miner here on mu, hope to do business with you soon!
Back to top Go down
Tunicle
Possible Monkey God
Possible Monkey God
Tunicle

Male
Number of posts : 2183
Posting Points (or spam points) : 56
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 5:08 pm

Welcome, some nice zones exist, within inner systems check out Yanagi, isn't too bad but there are better, bit further out try the Hispania wreck.
Back to top Go down
http://monkeyuniverse.kicks-ass.org/
Shaihulud
Monkey
Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 104
Posting Points (or spam points) : -225
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 7:28 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Tunicle
Possible Monkey God
Possible Monkey God
Tunicle

Male

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 3:08 am

And the next update will have a very nice little earner with another commodity that is mine only. Wink
Back to top Go down
Biertje
Monkey
Monkey
Biertje

Male
Number of posts : 197
Posting Points (or spam points) : -65
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 4:53 am

Welcome to this server and yes a miner is alwyas welcome, there are traders clans around, so you need a hull... you call them

Im just your drunk beer drinking pilot of space in a train XD
Back to top Go down
miner iorek
Monkey
Monkey
miner iorek

Male

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 4:41 pm

tnx all fer support bounce

>MPA
And the next update will have a very nice little earner with another commodity that is mine only. Wink
LOL.

But seriously, i didnt imagine every 5-10 shot at a rock gives a raw material. I need 20 mins to fill 250t cargo hold now, what will happen when I will purchase Miner Ship Shocked Maybe this will get more profitable during next updates??

Iorek, the miner.
Back to top Go down
Tunicle
Possible Monkey God
Possible Monkey God
Tunicle

Male

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 4:55 pm

There are a couple of high profit zones that the miner ship can exploit better than other.

You may wish to contact a trader who could come to some "arrangement"

Best to watch the forums and Monkey Times announcements, we are beginning to have a bit more fluctuation in trade prices. Nothing happens however withou the IC communication hints.

We are also happy to tweak things, if sensible, to make individuals RP more interesting, so any suggestions, fire away.

But you won't get a minable that will pay 5000000 per unit and 50 units appear every shot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miner iorek
Monkey
Monkey
miner iorek

Male

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 6:59 pm

No ???
I dont talk about profits at stations. They are as they are. The problem is on mining side. I would enjoy in 5 ton per every second shot (at least) nana dance . Its 4 tons at every 10th shot now (in average, first impresions), even vanila FL has more productive mining zones Suspect

Not that I want to get rich over night, but I expect heavy taxes from certain groups who will find me in their or "their" systems affraid

Iorek, the miner.
Back to top Go down
Biertje
Monkey
Monkey
Biertje

Male
Number of posts : 197
Posting Points (or spam points) : -65
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 8:38 pm

well thats the live of a miner in this space XD

Hard to mine but the selling is beter XD
Back to top Go down
MPA Bear
Admin
MPA Bear

Male
Number of posts : 1224
Posting Points (or spam points) : 1580
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 5:26 am

Quote :
Hard to mine but the selling is beter XD

It shouldn't be hard to mine though, should it?

We should be able to cover all parts of roleplay, and not some better than others.
Back to top Go down
[GVT]Cygnus-X1
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Number of posts : 29
Posting Points (or spam points) : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 8:40 am

you just need to learn the right places to mine
I can fill up with 1500 DF (Druid's Fluid) in about 20 mins. roughly the same for Deuterium in MHW

nobody ever said mining was easy and it does take some time and patience but due to the lack of purchasing costs, the profit margins are high (minus repair costs of course)

to give you an example :- DF run = 61.5 mil + some change
repair costs for Behemoth, about 1.5 mil. time to mine and deliver DF = about 45 mins.

not only a good money maker but great fun too. plenty of angry, nasty firing things to run away from

Pat (the Bretonian)
Back to top Go down
LuckyStar
Monkey God Disciple
Monkey God Disciple

Male
Number of posts : 960
Posting Points (or spam points) : 360
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 8:54 am

@ miner iorek

General statements are exactly that - and don't help a lot. You need to get specific - state which commodity / system / location your interested in Mining and why it should be changed.

We had a similar problem in the Abyss. Druids Fluid could be Mined - but the percentage of good hits was low - taking far too much time and effort. That was changed - but in the process - the exploding gas clouds were also fixed. They did a lot of damage. Again - mining wasn't profitable due to the expense of turrets and bots.

Now - you can mine the stuff at a decent rate and enjoy doing it.

That - by the way - is the most profitable Mining Commodity in MU at the moment. You will need a good ship though. I would suggest buying a Mining Ship as soon as you can.

The Abyss is not for the faint of heart.
Back to top Go down
Tunicle
Possible Monkey God
Possible Monkey God
Tunicle

Male

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 9:36 am

"That - by the way - is the most profitable Mining Commodity in MU at the moment."

Without running any new routes, that may not be true, 5 new systems and no mining would be odd Wink

And of course the updater now allows depletion, new prices and new field etc. instantly. Just need to watch the hints in the IC forum. If there is a real player push for reasonable changes the established players know we alter things.

They also know that we build in some longevity so that you have notexhausted the play in 5 hours. However with recent RP developments within the players we may enhance this further and limit more things to certain factions. At present we have no dedicated miners so no real mining input into recent changes. If a load of miners appear then they are pushing at an open door.

For specifics, Deuterium from inner system mining (California, Magellan etc.) is profitable without the outer system aggro as the selling points are easily reached.

If you want pm your mining ideas - updater makes good ones fairly instant.
Back to top Go down
miner iorek
Monkey
Monkey
miner iorek

Male

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2008, 11:22 am

You are right. It was the first shock, when I tried to mine and no loot appeared. Not at the rate i was used to. I can live without any modification too. Its not the turbo money that Im after Wink Ive learned that prices are adequate to mining conditions and that many runs arent so distant as it looks at the first sight.

sorry, seems I made a lot of smoke but no much fire...

iorek
Back to top Go down
LuckyStar
Monkey God Disciple
Monkey God Disciple

Male
Number of posts : 960
Posting Points (or spam points) : 360
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2008, 7:19 pm

@ Tunicle
Right you are my friend. I keep finding little things that are different. Be it the price of a commodity / or it's location / or whatever - change is in the air - the very rarefied air of the updater.

I did not think to apply that here - where it does make sense.

The question is - what is the probability of a Mining Clan? A nice bunch of friendly people who just want to do their thing. Five to start - a small contribution to grease the wheels - a cheap Mining Ship and an enhanced version - with a really good LARGE system to do it in - far far away from others. Grab your friends - LET'S GO!

Sigh - almost makes me wish I could do it for more than an hour or two at the max Sad
Back to top Go down
Tunicle
Possible Monkey God
Possible Monkey God
Tunicle

Male

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2008, 11:41 pm

I am currently tweaking some of the mining zones and hopefully will go live this weekend.

The CM system has at leasy 1 mine only commodity that is good $$.

And if you don't tell anyone I am tweaking a CSV into a smaller mining vessels, but they don't know yet so shshh.
Back to top Go down
*TW*DanielTheDestroyer
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
*TW*DanielTheDestroyer

Male
Number of posts : 422
Posting Points (or spam points) : -134
Registration date : 2007-04-07

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2008, 6:58 am

Welcome to Mu!
Glej no glej, končno še en slovenc Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/danielthedestroyer
miner iorek
Monkey
Monkey
miner iorek

Male

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2008, 2:10 pm

>MP< Star wrote:
The question is - what is the probability of a Mining Clan? A nice bunch of friendly people who just want to do their thing....
Well, mining clan was not on my mind at the start. And I dont think miners are bunch of ... Recently one of them destroyed several Police Armoured Transports, trying to loot Tourists.. boxing (He learned that Tourists cant be looted... shame!!!) If police cought a stress call from either of them... affraid

*TW*DanielTheDestroyer wrote:
Welcome to Mu!
Glej no glej, končno še en slovenc Smile
group wave Drink Together group wave
Rock
Back to top Go down
Patriot
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 352
Posting Points (or spam points) : 72
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 2:05 pm

grand tourists CAN be looted but it's not advisable

it has been tried but you need a few hours to carry it off

Pat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: miner_iorek arrived   miner_iorek arrived Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

miner_iorek arrived
Page 1 of 1