Welcome to Monkey Universe!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLog inLatest imagesSearchRegister

Hello ppl on MU-Server

Go down 
+10
Boreland
Sanka02
c71shadow
CӨП
LuckyStar
DRUiD
*TW*Mogilschik
Liberty Belle
Ebon-Hawk
merc_trill
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
merc_trill
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Number of posts : 4
Posting Points (or spam points) : 8
Registration date : 2010-06-16

Hello ppl on MU-Server Empty
PostSubject: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 7:46 am

I am on on MU with 4 chars now. I was online about 100 hours.
My cognition concerning this time is:

- i like to fly the ships in this mod
- i like the MU - mod

The onlyone negative is, there are not enough ppl online.

I heard from different clans - never seen them before. (i dont saw a Nomad... beyond belief or what?)

I heard from freelancers which are good fighters - where are them?

Where are all ppl here???? If all looks only will not change the situation.

Don´t think "i am alone here... i have to go now" my hint is: Stay here longer!!! If all ppl think so more ppl will be online in the future - that makes more fun and action. Don´t wait for the others, go first your way. Be an example bud pls What a Face

I am a freelancer with merc and pirate aptitudes. Wher are you bud????
(I need a target Evil or Very Mad )

Very Happy What a Face cheers

Lets make us action now I am your father
Back to top Go down
Ebon-Hawk
Monkey
Monkey
Ebon-Hawk

Male
Number of posts : 209
Posting Points (or spam points) : 177
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 11:41 am

Hello Merc,

my opinion is, the problem is the autoupdater!!!
This i have write for more than 6 month here
in the forum.

There are many ppl´s who dont manage the
instructions for this. I haer this daily more...

My personally time is in the moment very yery
less. But when the soccer WM is over, we see
us often.

OK Bud, hold the line...

Greetings
Back to top Go down
Liberty Belle
Monkey
Monkey
Liberty Belle

Male
Number of posts : 168
Posting Points (or spam points) : 178
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 1:53 pm

Ebon-Hawk wrote:

My personally time is in the moment very yery
less. But when the soccer WM is over, we see
us often.

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
...unless Germany knocks England out on penalties YET again!
jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ebon-Hawk
Monkey
Monkey
Ebon-Hawk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 8:37 am

>MP< Liberty wrote:

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
...unless Germany knocks England out on penalties YET again!
jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

group wave GERMANY group wave

HEHE

cheers
Back to top Go down
*TW*Mogilschik
Monkey
Monkey
*TW*Mogilschik

Male
Number of posts : 63
Posting Points (or spam points) : -9
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 11:01 am

Hello Hawk,

the problem is indeed the auto-updater. I got it working on my laptop but i cant install the mod after reinstalling windows XP on my Tower PC i use for playing.
Hope there will come a time to get it running again.
After Germany has won the Soccer Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mogi
Back to top Go down
DRUiD
Monkey God
Monkey God
DRUiD

Male
Number of posts : 4248
Posting Points (or spam points) : 1584
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 2:46 pm

Changing from Autoupdater back to FLMM is not just a click of a button. It would take quite a bit of work and the only person I know who ever suggested that he would take the job on was Dragnite.
Back to top Go down
http://monkeyuniverse.kicks-ass.org/
LuckyStar
Monkey God Disciple
Monkey God Disciple

Male
Number of posts : 960
Posting Points (or spam points) : 360
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 9:51 pm

The only reason I can see for doing that is to make it easier to get new players
Unfortunately - if they do show up - many of them will be experienced enough to know how to cheat
Then we will see VHF that fly like Light Fighters - again Exclamation
Of course - that might not be all bad
To be fair - why not throw all the doors open
Freedom - Equal Opportunity - Even for those too lazy to use a web search or learn
Add some instructions - so everyone can to cheat - it is only fair
Show which files to edit and what to change
How to make a weapon a 1 shot wonders
Make any shield "almost" impenetrable - oops - forgot the 1 shot wonder
How to add a Cloak to your "special" ship
How to earn a billion in ten minutes or less

Yea - the Installer is obviously guilty - lets dump it Exclamation
Back to top Go down
LuckyStar
Monkey God Disciple
Monkey God Disciple

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010, 9:57 pm

Oh - sorry Trill - almost forgot

Welcome to Monkey Universe happy star
Back to top Go down
CӨП
Chimp
Chimp
CӨП

Male
Number of posts : 31
Posting Points (or spam points) : 42
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 7:19 am

Yeah great idea Star ;D
Back to top Go down
DRUiD
Monkey God
Monkey God
DRUiD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 9:07 am

Actually Star before the Admin team went AWOL it was one thing which we discussed. If everyone is allowed to cheat then at least it is an even playing field. We also discussed a stripped down MU with less systems and ships and hence less possible causes of a crash. We discussed having no clans, having no role play and we also discussed shtting it down. After all, the servers which have the most numbers are ones using security which we had in the past when cheating was common and many of these have no real role play either. The start of the end of MU was not the updater but the open and honest discussions regarding cheats and the subsequent bans. Players did not leave because there were cheats here, they left because we banned the cheats. The irony is painful, on servers where people cheat but nothing is said the players are blissfully ignorant while here we discussed it and moved to put it to an end which only served to highlight the problem and to cause division. We should have just let players cheat and left it go without a word. Nobody would know any better and we would still have 30+ players every night.

I personally have never once had an issue with the updater and I don't see what the problem is but if people wish to convince themselves that the updater is to blame for low player numbers then yeh, get rid of it. I am not saying that individual issues such as Ebon's don't exist but we equally had as many players with log on issues when we used FLMM 1.3 / FLAK. Getting rid of the updater won't bring players back, it won't keep players and more than likely it won't happen anyway because there is nobody willing to do it.
Back to top Go down
c71shadow
Admin
c71shadow

Male
Number of posts : 64
Posting Points (or spam points) : 21
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 3:10 pm

Hello guys, i have been reading a few posts and am sad to see things the way they are as i have had many an hour of fun on MU in the past, i have my own thoughts and reasons as to why things have gone the way they have but as i have not been involved with MU for some time don't feel i have a right to criticise, also putting my opinions forward may look as though i am having a pop at people i would still consider old friends.

But on the subject of the updater i can see where people are coming from with this, not the fact that it's Krypton factorishly difficult to install and use, but i remember doing some mod hopping for a bit of fun in the past (as do a lot of players, from MU and other mods) all i wanted was to download the mod, deactivate MU activate other mod and play, i am more than sure players from other mods are looking for something different on the odd occasion but plan to go back to the server they know best and have friends, having to deal with the installer i am sure puts people off visiting mu for this reason.

Yes we are all fickle/lazy and want what we want Now!, i am not putting forward a recommendation to get rid only saying how i see it, theres still players out there but they are Old time players now i can not see freelancer attracting new players to the game and they would not know how to connect to our or any other server anyway, but guys best of luck whatever you decide.. end it all/cut it down/get rid of updater? whatever it is lets all just loosen up, relax and think of it as it is, a game where for a short while we can have a bit of fun with friends then get on with our real lives.

OH, Hello to all Old friends.
Back to top Go down
DRUiD
Monkey God
Monkey God
DRUiD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 4:29 pm

Sorry Shadow but I think you are missing my point. It is not a case of "what you decide" and whether or not we get rid of the updater. MU admin are not deciding anything, they are not saying anything, they including myself as a recent ex-admin simply are not doing anything. So long as MU is up and running I will continue to play here and I am glad that Tiger has not pulled the plug yet but Tunicle last logged on May 12th, Plofre finally came back after being off since late May but did not post, Drags has not posted in two weeks, Tiger posted a week ago on a minor issue regarding a player refund. That is not an insult on any of them. Personally I nave not the time nor the energy to continue as admin and I am totally burned out from doing id. I actually feel free at last being able to come home in the evening and not have a burning need to log on and see what needs fixing on the forum or server, what argument needs to be settled, while my wife and kids are in another room missing me. I log on when I can and shoot rocks and my wife and kids get to have my full attention. Admin on a game server can become an all consuming job with no pay and sod all thanks. As a team the MU admin group ran this place from the time that Ice and Gestoord were removed until late last year with full energy and commitment but as I said, it is tough, takes a lot of time and energy and when your life moves on, you have kids, move country, change jobs, have more family commitments then the place which MU once held in your life is watered down to a few minutes reading and the odd log on. Such is life.

If there are members reading this who love MU, have the ability, experience, motivation or wish to help run a server then I am sure that the current admin team would love to let you try but don't expect to post on the forum asking for ship modifications, new ideas, a move to FLMM and get anything other than a conversation which goes nowhere.
Back to top Go down
c71shadow
Admin
c71shadow

Male
Number of posts : 64
Posting Points (or spam points) : 21
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 5:32 pm

No Druid once again you miss my point, the reason i added "but guys best of luck whatever you decide" is...if nothing is done then that is what has been decided (as a group or individually) and is completely up to you guys, my post was not meant to pressure you or anyone else into doing something you can't or won't do, just a view from myself which you have misread again, or should we all just shut up and let it die?.

Reply until your fingers hurt about how theres nobody to fix/alter/mod/Admin i know all this so you would be just wasting your time, regardless of this i still felt compelled to post what i did in the hope it may be read if things do start to pick up and some nice soul does what we done and take the whole thing over, then my ten peneth worth is here to read, nonsensical or not.
Back to top Go down
LuckyStar
Monkey God Disciple
Monkey God Disciple

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 8:25 pm

The Admins are not the only ones who are absent.

A year ago - I had 10 to 20 email notices every day. Today there were exactly 2 and I think today had the honer of having the highest count this week.

I'm still reading everything that happens here - and I probably will be until I get a 401 error. It is NOT that I have all that much time. My wife and family (not so) secretly conspire to separate me from my obsessions. One part of me wishes them luck as another privately curse them for bothering me. I have always had a problem getting out a rut.

Tiger did do a little more then just reply to the player refund though. I explained the problem in a PM to him and we finally got an update. Since then I have not had a crash in game or a CTD and haven't read about any either. Still - every time I log in - I am alone or nearly so - so maybe it means nothing.
Back to top Go down
Liberty Belle
Monkey
Monkey
Liberty Belle

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 4:27 am

I worry that the problem is actually Freelancer itself. It is an old game and there have been no new entries to the genre for several years (Eve excepted). Most games nowadays seem to be FPS types with very few "Flight Sims", unlike in the old days.

Are we just dinosaurs?

Liberty Belle - a small chicken sized creature, herbivorous but with a poisonous sting in its tail
Back to top Go down
Sanka02
Monkey
Monkey
Sanka02

Male
Number of posts : 134
Posting Points (or spam points) : 23
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 6:14 am

What about upcoming Black Prophecy and Jumpgate: Evolution?
Back to top Go down
DRUiD
Monkey God
Monkey God
DRUiD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010, 2:51 pm

@Lib: Yes! Razz

@Shadow:

Quote :
If there are members reading this who love MU, have the ability, experience, motivation or wish to help run a server then I am sure that the current admin team would love to let you try but don't expect to post on the forum asking for ship modifications, new ideas, a move to FLMM and get anything other than a conversation which goes nowhere.

Quote :
Reply until your fingers hurt about how theres nobody to fix/alter/mod/Admin i know all this so you would be just wasting your time, regardless of this i still felt compelled to post what i did in the hope it may be read if things do start to pick up and some nice soul does what we done and take the whole thing over

Those two excerpts mean the very same thing in every aspect. We are both saying that currently there is nobody picking up the work, we don't expect those who did it before to do it now and we don't blame them but if anyone is reading and thinks that they can contribute to the running of MU then speak up.
Back to top Go down
merc_trill
Chimp
Chimp

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 6:59 am

Hi ppl here, short before i had a problem:

- if the autoupdater is started like each time came this message window:

cut..........................................................................................
"file list.bin wasn´t found on the download site, either the mod is being updated or your internet connection is missing

Click ok to install from your hard drive"
cut...........................................................................................

My internetconnection isn´t missing!!!
I am a litle confused atm over that. Shocked confused
Who can help, or give information over that message?

Best regards!

merc_TriLL
Back to top Go down
Ebon-Hawk
Monkey
Monkey
Ebon-Hawk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 7:55 am

merc_trill wrote:
Hi ppl here, short before i had a problem:

- if the autoupdater is started like each time came this message window:

cut..........................................................................................
"file list.bin wasn´t found on the download site, either the mod is being updated or your internet connection is missing

Click ok to install from your hard drive"
cut...........................................................................................

My internetconnection isn´t missing!!!
I am a litle confused atm over that. Shocked confused
Who can help, or give information over that message?

Best regards!

merc_TriLL

I have the same problem!!!
Back to top Go down
LuckyStar
Monkey God Disciple
Monkey God Disciple

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 10:47 am

I tried to log in several times last night / and twice this morning / Same message

While this happens every time the server is updated
It only takes a few minutes - never hours

I also tried to do a SVN Update
That is NG either / The server is down

Last edited by >MP< Star on Sun 20 Jun 2010, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boreland
Monkey Leader
Monkey Leader
Boreland

Male
Number of posts : 659
Posting Points (or spam points) : 792
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010, 10:47 am

Back to top Go down
merc_trill
Chimp
Chimp

Male

PostSubject: mystery link   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 11:57 am

Back to top Go down
FreshMeat
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Posting Points (or spam points) : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 2:23 pm

Yeah... I think I'm missing something: I've downloaded the mod, installed it with no issues, ran the game and looked for the server. I couldn't find it in the list. Then I closed the game, opened up Firefox and looked for an IP or something to make it easier for me to see the server in the list.
I didn't find anything the like, so I restarted the game, looked again through the servers and still nothing.
I close the game again.
And Freelancer.exe vanishes.
Didn't push any buttons, didn't hit delete, nothing. It's just gone.

I'm now running the updater again in hopes that I'll get my .exe back.

Any ideas on why I can't see the server (maybe I'm just looking for the wrong name) and/or why my file vanished?
Back to top Go down
Liberty Belle
Monkey
Monkey
Liberty Belle

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 2:57 pm

The autoupdater deletes the .exe file - it's how it works.
Back to top Go down
FreshMeat
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Posting Points (or spam points) : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm

So how do I run the game?
Also, what is the server name, exactly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello ppl on MU-Server
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next