Welcome to Monkey Universe!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLog inLatest imagesSearchRegister

Hello ppl on MU-Server

Go down 
+10
Boreland
Sanka02
c71shadow
CӨП
LuckyStar
DRUiD
*TW*Mogilschik
Liberty Belle
Ebon-Hawk
merc_trill
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shaihulud
Monkey
Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 104
Posting Points (or spam points) : -225
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Hello ppl on MU-Server - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 3:18 pm

Wait a bit, seems server is down, neither me or Liberty Belle can see it... Let's hope will be up soon.
Back to top Go down
Shaihulud
Monkey
Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 104
Posting Points (or spam points) : -225
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 3:29 pm

Ok now, sever is up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tunicle
Possible Monkey God
Possible Monkey God
Tunicle

Male
Number of posts : 2183
Posting Points (or spam points) : 56
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 4:22 pm

Druids earlier post is essentially spot on, the updater was not the fundamental problem, it was the cheating. I still play often solitary on MU, more frequently on another server but that is only for the flying, there are many people on that server but no RP or even interaction.

MU is still a great mod (and in many respects the best) but FL is getting old as LB mentions and the updater makes it a pain as do the random crashes that I know many hours have been spent trying to sort.

But fundamentally it was the manipulation of the game by less than honest players that started the death knell. The admins spent many hours anonymous pre-updater verifying this in many ways, in fact one of the more amusing incidents was anon-me watching anon-druid in an "altered vhf" getting his ass kicked by a standard "non cheating" player. Only to implement some anticheat to watch anon-Druid in a stock ship whipping the player. Only difference = aspects of FLAC were activated. The player couldn't understand it and raised hell about cheating, not realising the real position.

The updater was a calculated risk, it stopped the main cheating together with FLAC but we now see the consequences. Many of our established players would be surprised by the list of stalwarts that were using dodgy means and why the autoupdater seems an easy target.

Other than Druid still maintains his fallibility that May 12th is an old non-updated page :-) I often pop on but never for long and rarely see others :-( apart from Bear and occasionally Tiger. (and probably Drags but he changes his name so many time its hard to keep track :p)
Back to top Go down
http://monkeyuniverse.kicks-ass.org/
FreshMeat
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Number of posts : 4
Posting Points (or spam points) : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 4:03 am

Can someone clear something up for me?
Short of running the updater again every time I want to play, how do I launch FL?
Back to top Go down
rocket_bunny
Monkey
Monkey
rocket_bunny

Male
Number of posts : 137
Posting Points (or spam points) : 247
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 8:40 am

Yes,you run the "updater" everytime you want to start the game,this is very good for updates and stuff but,after you install the mod for the first time,the time you have to wait is decreased from 15minutes or so to like 10seconds Smile
Back to top Go down
FreshMeat
Chimp
Chimp

Male
Number of posts : 4
Posting Points (or spam points) : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 9:26 am

Well, I associated the idea of running an updater before you reach the frontend something pertaining only to srs bsns games like World of Warcrap. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello ppl on MU-Server   Hello ppl on MU-Server - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello ppl on MU-Server
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2